I think that as 2020 comes to a close, it is important to take some time to reflect on the year, on your life and of course, on 2021. Taking time to examine both the shadows and the light, makes us better people, more equipped to understand the totality of life. Looking at the range of emotions and experiences that 2020 presented us with as humanity reveals our resilience, but equally so, the plethora of areas where we still need to grow, to develop, to change and to work together. From racial injustice, to income inequality, to global warming, the pandemic has revealed the cracks in our society.
And at the same time, it revealed our strengths, our ingenuity, our dedication to ourselves and each other. When we take the time to actually reflect on this year, you might be shocked by what you find. The ancient principal rings true, what you look for you will find. So I encourage you to look for all the ways that you have grown, shown strength or compassion or purpose or alignment this year, despite the pandemic. I think you will be surprised by what you find.
Here’s a roundup of some of the things on my list:
- Back in January I completed a 10 day silence retreat after having a stroke at the end of December last year. This was a huge accomplishment and gave me a lot of time to reflect, meditate and really examine my life and what I wanted to create.
- I launched my very first course Permission to Expand, which wrapped up a couple of weeks ago. It was an amazing experience and the community that was created made a huge impact. We laughed, we learned, we cried, we grew. It was an incredible experience and I’m so excited to do it again in February 2021 – join us!
- I made huge gains at work this year and persevered through difficult situations to come out as the top earner in my company, despite many challenges, structural changes and a global pandemic.
- I bought an income property with my brother to expand my investment portfolio.
- I wrote a potential TED talk (hopefully I will get to present it soon!) titled Unleash the Power of Feminine Leadership.
- I started writing for Toronto Caribbean Newspaper, a biweekly column. Becoming a writer has long been a dream of mine, and this year, I started pursuing it.
- I rebranded my website and launched a whole new site, if you haven’t seen it yet, check it out: taramyshrall.com.
- I completed my Adler Coaching Certification to continue learning and developing my skills and to offer transformational coaching to clients in 2021. Stay tuned for more information coming soon.
- I invested in my relationships and family, held space for friends and colleagues and continued to put people first, despite hectic schedules and heavy workflow. I pursued my dream of owning my own business and helping women transform their limiting beliefs, performed extremely well at my full time job and managed to uphold my personal relationships all at the same time. I do believe we can do it all and have it all.
- I had heart surgery in June to help heal my heart and prevent any further stokes.
When we take the time to focus on our strengths, to give ourselves credit for all that we have accomplished, it helps us see ourselves more completely. It’s so easy to just get caught up in the next thing, but taking the time to reflect and acknowledge ourselves is actually an extremely powerful tool to propel us forward. We already have everything that we need and we can see that when we take the time to reflect.
COVID has given us the opportunity to use this time to learn more about ourselves and perhaps even try something new. This time is a gift that can be used to help you align with your purpose, joy and happiness. Instead of feeling stressed by the lockdown, perhaps there is a way that you can leverage this time to invest in yourself and the things that you’ve always wanted to try.
My friends, I wish you the very best for this new year! I’m excited for you, for the healing, the good work, the goals, the expansion that you will go after this year. I’m here for you with new and exciting offerings coming out all the time.
If you want to use this time to grow, I invite you to join us for the next round of Permission to Expand: Overcome Scarcity Mindset. We are launching on February 1, 2020 and we would love for you to join us.
To learn more visit taramyshrall.com/courses